South East Asia Is A Great Destination For Photographers Of All Levels
From the bustling street life, to the vividly colourful wildlife and all the other forms ‘life’ in between, South East Asia is a photographer’s dream. This highly photogenic continent makes even the least talented photographer’s snaps look like they’ve come from The National Geographic!
For those with a real passion for photography Saffron Travel can also organise local photographers to accompany you during a trip and take you to places and corners where you can capture the photos of a lifetime. And there are countless subjects to photograph whether you’re travelling to Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar.
At Saffron Travel, we make several trips across the country every year to update new products and experiences. During these trips, we have met so many interesting local people with their genuine stories. Therefore, a photo tour with us is not about having a perfect set-up photos, but it’s all about moments.
We also want to share with your our photo tips shared by our friends who are region’s professional photographers:
1. For Portraits
- Whenever taking portraits, communicate with your subject
- Shoot with respect; how you approach people will affect the outcome of your request for a photo.
- And again, it doesn’t matter if other features are out of focus, if the eyes aren’t sharp the image will fail.
2. Wildlife Photography
- Spend a day at your local zoo or wildlife park before taking your camera and heading off on real sites.
- Don’t forget to caption your photo with your experience and shooting information
- Always “Shoot First”. If you have time, improve your position for a second attempt
- Everything can be out of focus but make sure the eyes of animals are sharp.
Our suggested itinerary for an inspiring photo tour in Vietnam:
Day 1 Hanoi arrival with warm welcome
Day 2 Capture Hanoi (streetlife) through your lens – escorted by a professional photographer
Day 3 Hanoi – Sapa – a photogenic town of Vietnam
Day 4 Sapa light trekking
Day 5 Sapa – ethnic market
Day 6 Sapa – Hanoi
Day 7 Hanoi – Ha Long Bay – Lan Ha Bay
Day 8 Ha Long Bay – Lan Ha Bay – Hanoi – flight to Hue
Day 9 Hue sightseeing – lunch with learned monks at a local pagoda
Day 10 Hue – Hoi An via the beautiful Hai Van Pass – with stops for photos taking
Day 11 Good morning Hoi An with a professional photographer – Hoi An walking tour
Day 12 Hoi An – flight to Can Tho
Day 13 Cai Rang floating market and breakfast cruise – local villages
Day 14 Transfer to Bac Lieu – Fishing villages with great opportunity for photos – transfer back to Can Tho
Day 15 Can Tho – transfer back to Saigon
Day 16 Saigon sightseeing – home hosted dinner with a well-known photographer and book author
Day 17 Good morning Saigon on the back of a Vintage 1960s Vespa
Day 18 Saigon departure
For a detailed itinerary and advice on the best time to do a photo tour in Indochina, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com